Register Early and SAVE on In-Person Courses
Super Early-Bird: Register 60+ days before the course & save $100!
Early-Bird: Register 30-60 days before the course & save $50!
The main purpose of this course is to utilize concepts taught in CoreFirst® Strategies and PNF principles taught in several other IPA courses to enhance the stability and therefore the physical performance of our highest functioning patients.
In this class, the clinician will build on the concepts learned in CoreFirst® Strategies to further enhance their observational and manual facilitation skills to better evaluate and treat higher functioning patient populations. The trained clinician can develop an eye to observe specific details of movement for quality, timing, sequencing, stability, and control that is often missed in other less clinical and less hands-on approaches. The goal with all functional training is to maximize efficiency of movements to improve physical performance and to decrease compensations and aberrant movement patterns that can lead to injury.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Explain how Automatic Core Engagement can be used to assess physical performance capabilities
- Discuss the Saliba Postural Classification System (SPCS) and how these variations can impact physical performance.
- Expand on concepts taught in CFS to bring these to more dynamic movements through Dynamic Functional Tests.
- Explain how the principles of body mechanics presented in CFS can be applied to various sports specific positions and activities.
- Demonstrate how Functional Tests can be used in multiple positions to highlight the importance of Automatic Core Engagement with higher level dynamic positions.
- Assess key developmental positions (supine and prone progressions) including an emphasis on trunk alignment and neuromuscular control in each position.
- Utilize PNF in developmental positions to enhance optimum function using principles of positioning, manual contacts, resistance, and irradiation to enhance facilitation for improved stability and physical performance.
- Identify key exercises commonly used in the performance and strength environment and discuss common dysfunctions based on the integration of the thoracic and pelvic girdle.
Requirements & Additional Information
Required Course Preparation
- Prior to the classroom portion of this course, all students must complete the required course preparation which may include videos, quizzes, and articles. Once enrolled in a course, required course preparation can be found by logging on to your IPA account and selecting “My Upcoming Courses.” If you have any trouble accessing the required course preparation please email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. Prep time varies by course so be sure to review required course work immediately following your purchase to allow for sufficient time to complete assignments prior to the start of the course. To receive CEUs all required course preparation must be completed prior to course commencement.
- Self review of CFS course manual.
Release of Liability Form: Complete the Release of Liability Form and bring it to the course.
All participants should bring: Resistance Band (we recommend medium resistance CLX Therabands) to use during the course.
To receive CEUs all required course preparation must be completed PRIOR to course commencement.
Approved for PTs in NY, IL, and CA. For a different state, please check with your state board for reciprocity of CEU approval from one of these states. IPA will provide the standard documentation needed for individual state approval if your state does not accept reciprocity. OTs, and PTAs should check with their approving body to determine if the PT approval is acceptable.
To determine if any additional state approvals have been obtained, please check facility information for a specific course. (Select more info for the specific course at the bottom of this page and then select Facility Information tab. Any additional approval will appear in the top left of the tab below the facility name.)
Earlybird Price: $595 / Regular Price: $665
Earlybird Discounts: Register at least one month prior to course commencement and receive a discount of approximately 10%. Register early and save!
Student / New Professional Discounts: Students and First Year New Professionals can receive a 20% discount. Full details here.
Repeat Discounts: IPA makes two (2) spots in each in-person course available at half-price for those repeating a course within five (5) years. Registration for the half-price spots is on a first-come basis. You must register by phone to receive a half-price repeat spot. Registering online will result in you being charged full price. Credits cannot be issued once your transaction is complete. Half-price tuition does not include a course manual or any supplies distributed at the course. Full details here.
Audience & Attendance
PT, PTA, OT, SPT
Attendees agree to utilize all skills of evaluation, assessment and treatment learned in this course to the extent allowed under the regulations of their professional practice act. By registering you acknowledge that your attendance does not represent authorization by the IPA, or any of its officers, to utilize any of the material learned which may lie outside of the strict interpretation of your practice act.
Each attendee is expected to attend all hours of instruction to receive a Certificate of Completion. Any exceptions to this policy must be pre-approved in writing by the IPA Directors.
Each participant’s body must be accessible for observation and treatment. Sports bra or halter-top and shorts are appropriate for women. Shorts or swim trunks for men. Please refrain from wearing large or sharp jewelry. A sweat suit is advisable between demonstrations, as temperatures may vary in the room.
Break food will not be provided during the course. Lunch for both days will be on your own. We suggest you bring a water bottle and feel free to bring your own snacks.
The instructors advertised for the course are the intended instructors. The final number of instructors will be determined by course enrollment. Every effort is made to hold the course with the scheduled instructors. Course refunds or transfers will not be granted based on a change of instructors. Please note there may be instructor changes without prior notice.
Multiple instructors are scheduled for each course. However, the actual number of instructors at a course will be determined by final enrollment
Dates & Locations
Coury & Buehler PTIrvine, CAOct 7, 2023 PDT - Oct 8, 2023 PDT
Schedule Location Date & Time Coury & Buehler PT Irvine , CA Starts at 7:30 am PDT
Ends at 8:00 am PDT
Coury & Buehler PT Irvine , CA Starts at 8:00 am PDT
Ends at 6:00 pm PDT
Coury & Buehler PT Irvine , CA Starts at 8:00 am PDT
Ends at 4:00 pm PDT