Register Early and SAVE on In-Person Courses
Super Early-Bird: Register 60+ days before the course & save $100!
Early-Bird: Register 30-60 days before the course & save $50!
Note: Due to the course content this is a women only course.
This course is a lab-intensive introduction to the Functional Manual Therapy® system that will train the participants to diagnose and treat continence, reproduction systems, sexual function and the pelvic area in both men and women. The purpose is to learn functional manual therapy techniques to address mechanical, neuromuscular, and motor control issues that arise in the pelvic health population and realize the connection the pelvic girdle and pelvic floor have to the rest of the body. The course will address when pain is present in continence, reproduction, and sex how manual therapy can improve normal, efficient mobility of the pelvic floor muscles, pelvic girdle, and visceral structures in order to obtain optimal mobility for functions needed for continence, reproduction, sex.
The course will involve external techniques for the abdomen and pelvic floor and internal techniques for the pelvic floor. This course focuses on evaluating, assessing, and treating dysfunctions based on the 3 IPA pillars: mechanical capacity, neuromuscular function, and motor control.
Requirements & Additional Information
Required Course Preparation
- Prior to the classroom portion of this course, all students must complete the required course preparation which includes videos, quizzes, and articles. Once enrolled in a course, required course preparation can be found by logging on to your IPA account and selecting “My Upcoming Courses.” If you have any trouble accessing the required course preparation please email email@example.com for assistance. Prep time varies by course so be sure to review required course work immediately following your purchase to allow for sufficient time to complete assignments prior to the start of the course. To receive CEUs all required course preparation must be completed prior to course commencement.
- Please have your fingernails filed and trimmed.
- Please read the following articles:
- MRI-based registration of pelvic alignment affected by altered pelvic floor muscle characteristics, Petra Bendova, Elsevier 2017
- A Clinical Reasoning Model for Manual Physical Therapy, 2017, Cristiana Kahl Collins
- Pelvic Floor Muscle Assessment: the PERFECT Scheme, 2001, J. Laycock
- The reliability and validity of the Saliba Postural Classification System, Cristiana Kahl Collins, Vicky Saliba Johnson, JMMT 2016
- Release of Liability Form: Complete the Release of Liability Form and bring it to the course.
- Baby wipes (travel size)
- Personal lubricant (3oz at a minimum)
- One BOX non-latex gloves
16 Contact Hours
To receive CEUs all required course preparation must be completed PRIOR to course commencement.
Approved for PTs in NY, IL, and CA. For a different state, please check with your state board for reciprocity of CEU approval from one of these states. IPA will provide the standard documentation needed for individual state approval if your state does not accept reciprocity. OTs, and PTAs should check with their approving body to determine if the PT approval is acceptable.
To determine if any additional state approvals have been obtained, please check facility information for a specific course. (Select more info for the specific course at the bottom of this page and then select Facility Information tab. Any additional approval will appear in the top left of the tab below the facility name.)
Earlybird Price: $595 / Regular Price: $665
Earlybird Discounts: Register at least one month prior to course commencement and receive a discount of approximately 10%. Register early and save!
Student / New Professional Discounts: Students and First Year New Professionals can receive a 20% discount. Full details here.
Repeat Discounts: IPA makes two (2) spots in each in-person course available at half-price for those repeating a course within five (5) years. Registration for the half-price spots is on a first-come basis. You must register by phone to receive a half-price repeat spot. Registering online will result in you being charged full price. Credits cannot be issued once your transaction is complete. Half-price tuition does not include a course manual or any supplies distributed at the course. Full details here.
Recommended Reading and Viewing
It is recommended that each participant reviews the Bibliography and read any article they are unfamiliar with prior to the course. All Course Bibliographies.
Audience & Attendance
PT, PTA, OT, SPT
Attendees agree to utilize all skills of evaluation, assessment and treatment learned in this course to the extent allowed under the regulations of their professional practice act. By registering you acknowledge that your attendance does not represent authorization by the IPA, or any of its officers, to utilize any of the material learned which may lie outside of the strict interpretation of your practice act.
Each attendee is expected to complete the required pre-course work before the course begins, and attend all hours of instruction to receive a certificate of completion. Any exceptions to this policy must be pre-approved in writing by the Directors.
Each participant’s body must be accessible for observation and treatment. Sports bra or halter-top and shorts are appropriate for women. Please refrain from wearing large or sharp jewelry. A sweat suit is advisable between demonstrations, as temperatures may vary in the room.
While we continue to cope with the presence of COVID-19, the IPA shall adhere to ongoing CDC guidelines related to food and beverage consumption at each course. To avoid community spread, participants are requested to bring their own drink and any desired snack. Each participant will be requested to step out of the room while consuming drink or food or create a socially acceptable distance from other participants.
While specific instructors are scheduled for each course, circumstance may necessitate instructor changes. In addition, the final number of instructors is determined by enrollment. Course refunds or transfers are not granted related to changes in the designated instructor or number of instructors.
- 1 Instructor: ≤ 20 participants
- 2 Instructors: 22 – 32 participants
- 3 Instructors: ≥ 34 participants